The Sahapedia is advertising the Sahapedia Fellowships to students holding a postgraduate degree or a higher qualification in Humanities and Social sciences. The Fellowship is accessible in different languages like Hindi, English, Bangla, Malayalam and Tamil. The fellowship program strives to provide students, scholars and enthusiasts with a chance to engage with and examine the rich cultural legacy of India.
Under this fellowship, the candidates are inspired to conduct critical research and documentation in various fields of cultural knowledge.
Sahapedia UNESCO Fellowship
Sahapedia unesco fellowship is a collaborative scheme to encourage fresh research on concrete and immaterial legacy across India and South Asia. The fellowship is a means of helping analysis on the arts and cultural diversity of India. It also helps to support field practitioners and fresh scholars to distinguish from their views what is required to be documented.
It is awarded annually. The Fellowship helps people in their work with communities and practices that do not get the consideration they want.
The Sahapedia UNESCO fellowship supports connections between those in the field and those in the academy.
Sahapedia Fellowships Dates
20th May, 2020: online application starts.
30th June, 2020: online application ends.
12th August, 2020: announcement of the result of selected candidates.
13th August to 25th August, 2020: email acceptance and contracts.
1st September2020 to 15th March 2021: Research and submission of research carried out.
Sahapedia Fellowships Eligibility
- The fellowship is for post graduates and above that is qualified in the regulations of the Humanities and Social Sciences in the most comprehensive sense, or those with equivalent experience.
- Candidates with previous professional or academic familiarity with the topic under application may be given preference.
- The fellowship is only for those candidates holding an Indian bank account.
- Candidates who were granted the Sahapedia-UNESCO Fellowship earlier are not eligible to apply.
Sahapedia Fellowship Application Procedure
- Summit Resume
- Proposals of 1000 words approximately and an abstract of about 250 words. The proposal should show the scope of work, selection of deliverables, methodology, timeframe and familiarity with existing literature/work on the subject. The proposal must be relevant to Sahapedia’s field of work.
- The candidate must write a sample, a previously written assay or research paper of about 1500 words, or a URL link of 5-10 minutes video showing the applicant’s skills in filmmaking or videography for documentation.
- Bibliography list of existing literature or work on the topic given; no more than 15 items or titles are expected.
- Language of the proposal and writing sample submitted by the applicant.
- Analysis of the sample videos based on camera work, visuals and narrative skills.
- Ability to understand sources, completeness and range of references submitted.
- Clarity as it concerns the source of the project.
- Clarity as it concerns the deliverables chosen for the project.
Sahapedia Fellowship 2019
It was meant to provide enthusiasts, candidates and scholars an opportunity to engage with and explore India’s rich cultural heritage. the organisers announces the third edition of its Fellowship program in coordination with UNESCO. The candidate that is successful to receive UNESCO cultural Research Fellowship will receive an INR 44,445 that is tax deductible to conduct the research. A candidate that is working in the regional language will receive the amount of INR 10,000 for translation.
Application deadline 2019
Candidates must submit their application for the Sahapedia UNESCO Cultural Research Fellowship in India before 30th June 2019. Application coming after the deadline is not eligible for the fellowship consideration.
Sahapedia fellowships is UNESCO’S Convention for the safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage. The Fellowship is an attempt to raise awareness at local, national and international levels of the value of intangible heritage and improve access to associations, groups and individuals. Through this fellowship, Fellows will be supported to conduct documentation and crucial research in different areas of cultural knowledge, while communicating with and improving networks that improve their invention.