Michael Jacobs Travel Chronicle Scholarship 2022- Partly Funded
Scholarships and FellowshipsPartially Funded
Applications are open for the Michael Jacobs Travel Chronicle Scholarship 2022. The scholarship is funded by the Michael Jacobs Foundation for Travel Writing, a non-profit organization created by Michael’s widow and brother to honor his legacy and promote travel writing in Spain and Latin America.
In 2014, after the death of Michael Jacobs, the Gabo Foundation and the Hay Festival Cartagena de Indias, as part of an alliance of more than a decade, took the initiative to organize, as a tribute to the English writer, the Michael Jacobs Chronicle Grant traveler.
The scholarship, which reaches its eighth edition with the purpose of encouraging travel chronicles, will award $7,500 for a book project or travel article on Latin America or Spain, to be published in Spanish or English.
Financial Benefits from Michael Jacobs Travel Chronicle Scholarship
- The winner receives the sum of $7,500 as an incentive to finance the research and writing of their article or book. The amount includes the taxes to be paid by the beneficiary and the convening institutions. The scholarship will be awarded as follows: one-third ($ 2,500) when the winner is announced and two-thirds ($ 5,000) when the project is completed and delivered to the publisher for publication.
- The winner will be invited to participate as a jury in the next edition of the Michael Jacobs Scholarship for traveling chronicle.
- If the winner wishes, they will receive courtesy from the Manolo el Sereno Association (MAELSE) in collaboration with the Inquietarte Foundation, both located in Frailes, with accommodation and stay in the town for a month, although it should be noted that the flights, food, and personal expenses are not included.
Eligibility Required for Michael Jacobs Travel Chronicle Scholarship
- Journalists or writers of any nationality may apply;
- Work must address travel journalism in Latin America or Spain in Spanish or English.
Application Details of Michael Jacobs Travel Chronicle Scholarship
The requirements for application include:
- An autobiography of up to 800 words (in Spanish or English) describing your experience as a travel journalist and your motivation for applying for the scholarship. Resumes or conventional curricula will not be taken into account.
- A detailed presentation of the project (article or book) including project description, work schedule, and planned travel itinerary. The article or book must be written in Spanish or English. The project does not necessarily have to be finished, since the grant seeks to strengthen an ongoing project, but they must send at least a fragment of the work since the jury must evaluate the author’s narrative capacity.
- A text published by the author in a printed or digital medium. The candidate must have at least one article or book published at the time of submitting the application.
Only online registrations made through the registration form will be valid until Friday, January 7, 2022, at 11:59 pm (Colombian time).
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Deadline||07 January, 2022|