Fully Funded- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships for International Students
Scholarships and FellowshipsFully FundedCountry: NetherlandsCity: Amsterdam
Fully Funded- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships: The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for Amsterdam Merit Scholarships. Eligible Masters Degree program offered by the following Faculties:
- Economics and Business
- Social Science
- Child Development and Education
Financial Benefits from Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The AMS is highly selective: only applicants with excellent study results and motivation will be considered for the scholarship. The scholarship is funded by the University of Amsterdam.
Depending on the faculty, the scholarship can vary between €2,000 – €25,000. The Amsterdam Merit Scholarship can sometimes be supplemented with the Holland Scholarship, of which the University of Amsterdam is a participating member. A scholarship granted for a specific academic year cannot be transferred to another academic year. Students who have been granted an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship are required to assent to the conditions for applying to the scholarship in writing before the scholarship amount will be transferred.
Eligibility Criteria for Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for the AMS scholarship. The applicant should :
- hold a non-EEA nationality or nationalities only;
- might not be entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan ( Studiefinanciering);
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA;
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship;
- have submitted a complete application to one of the (Master’s) programs of the UvA;
- have been (or will be) admitted to one of the (Master’s) programs of the UvA;
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable).
Applications should be submitted to the Admissions Offices of the Graduate Schools. You can find the specific eligibility requirements, selection criteria, and application instructions on the Faculty or Graduate School websites. The deadline for scholarship applications differs per Faculty. Most faculties have a deadline of 15 January 2022 except for some which are on 1 March 2022.
It is important to visit the official link found below for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Deadline||15 January, 2022|
|Organizer||The University of Amsterdam|