Birmingham Outstanding Achievement Scholarship – How To Apply
About the University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham is regarded as a ‘redbrick university’ as it one of the oldest universities and is located in Edgartown, Birmingham, United Kingdom as founded in 1825 as the Birmingham School of Medicine and Surgery. The university ranks no. 14 in the UK and 74th in the World by the QS World University ranking for 2019. It was called the university of the year by Times Higher Education. Some popular courses in the university includes Dentistry, Development studies, Education, English language and literature and they are all high ranked. The Birmingham Outstanding Achievement Scholarship is offered to Nigerian undergraduates who applied for admission to the University of Birmingham
Junior League Of Birmingham Scholarship
The Junior League of Birmingham, Alabama, Inc. is an organization of nearly 2,600 women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and to improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. To be eligible for the scholarship, women in Birmingham’s Metropolitan area must enroll as a full or part-time student in any private or public accredited two- or four-year college or vocational-technical school for the 2020-2021 school year.
The Scholarship awards are based primarily on financial need and previous achievements for women who earned their high school diploma or GED at least 5 years ago. Application Package for this scholarship includes the Completed Main Scholarship Form, Personal, volunteer, and community statements, transcripts, Resume and letters of recommendation. Submit completed applications by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Download the scholarship form at the Birmingham website
Community Foundation Of Greater Birmingham Scholarship
The Community Foundation of Greater Birmingham is the oldest and largest community foundation in Alabama. It was founded in 1959 for and by the community as a perpetual public endowment. The scholarship is offered to one male and one female Ramsay student; Community Foundation-$1,500 per year for one Birmingham high school student. Both are renewable for up to four years as long as 3.0 GPA is maintained. Applicants are expected to have a 3.5 grade point average on a 4-point scale and a minimum ACT score of 20 or SAT score of 1000. College applicants should have a 3.0 grade point average on a 4-point scale.
Birmingham Promise Scholarship
Birmingham Promise scholarships are available to graduates of Birmingham City Schools, starting with the Class of 2020. To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be a resident of Birmingham, Complete the FAFSA application, apply to and be accepted by a public two-year or four-year Alabama college before graduating from high school and begin full-time college enrollment no later than the January following high school graduation.
Birmingham Outstanding Achievement Scholarship 2020/21
The University of Birmingham in partnership with UKEAS Nigeria Outstanding achievement Scholarship is a scholarship available to Nigerian undergraduates who applied for admission to the University of Birmingham in the subject area of Law, Engineering, Physical sciences, Life and Environmental sciences and Social sciences. This simply means that if your course of study falls into any of these categories, you are eligible for a one-time scholarship award of 2,500 pounds. You should have in mind that the award is a one-time payment towards your first-year tuition and nothing more. I will advise that before applying for this scholarship, ensure that you have the funds to finance the rest of your education. This scholarship is awarded based on academic excellence to outstanding students.
The University of Birmingham will provide the award of £2,500 to only successful students. This amount will help students pay the expenses associated with studies.
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Application Deadline: July 1, 2020
- University or Organization: University of Birmingham
- Department: N/A
- Award: £2,500
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
Birmingham Outstanding Achievement Scholarship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree program in any subject available in Birmingham UK campus
- Eligibility Criteria: Take a glance at the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have got an offer and nominated the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full-time undergraduate program starting September 2020.
- The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate program based at the Birmingham UK campus.
- Must meet the academic conditions of their offer to the program.
- Must be classed as domiciled in one of the following countries: Egypt, Lebanon, Kuwait, Bahrain, Morocco, Oman, Qatar or the UAE.
- Must be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees that are not covered by the program.
- Must have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Must be able to start their studies at the University in September 2020.
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representative – ‘GlobalStudyUK’.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with ‘GlobalStudyUK’ by 1 July 2020.
Application Procedure for the Birmingham Outstanding Achievement Scholarship
- How to Apply for the Birmingham Outstanding Achievement Scholarship: All candidates must take admission in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Birmingham to get this application . This award will be granted upon the student’s enrollment in September 2020.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants might be asked to provide the following documents at the time of admission:
- Pre-qualification degree
- Copies of academic transcripts and award
- Certificates of English language proficiency
- A statement
- A copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: The university accepts applications from those students who have the following qualifications:
- Three GCE A levels
- International Baccalaureate Diploma
- SQA Higher and Advanced Higher
- Cambridge Pre-U
- A mix of A levels and Cambridge Pre-U subjects
- Irish Leaving Certificate Higher Level
- The European Baccalaureate
- Language Requirement: To get the entry in an undergraduate program at the university, aspirants must have achieved following English language qualifications:
- IELTS 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in every band.
- TOEFL IBT 80 overall with a minimum of 19 in listening, 19 in reading, 21 in speaking and 19 in writing.
- PEARSON with a minimum of 53 in listening, reading, writing and speaking.