Belgium Government Scholarship (ARES)- Fully Funded 2022/23
Scholarships and FellowshipsFully FundedCountry:Belgium
Fully Funded 2022/23- Belgium Government: Applications are now opened for the Belgium Government Scholarship for masters and training courses. The program offers candidates, a chance to pursue a one-year advanced bachelor’s or master’s degree program or a 2-to-6-month continuing education program within a higher education institution of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation in Belgium.
The program is open for nationals of developing countries with professional experience looking to further develop their skills in a development-related topic. Application for the program is totally free and ARES (L’Académie de Recherche et d’Enseignement supérieur) does not charge fees at any stage of the application or selection process.
Belgium is one of the best destinations for studies in the world. The Country has three official languages (Dutch, French, and German) and its capital Brussels is home to both the European Parliament and NATO. This allows students to have many working opportunities within these organizations or other affiliate organizations.
Belgium Government Scholarship Benefits
The Belgium Government Scholarship covers the following costs for selected candidates:
Bachelor’s or Master’s scholarship:
- International travel costs: Economy-class travel on an IATA-approved airline, with a maximum of one round-trip ticket per academic year.
- Living allowance: Lump sum for the duration of 12 months. (€1150/month for the previous call).
- Indirect mission costs: Lump sum. This amount is given once per stay, upon arrival of the scholarship holder.
- Registration fees: At the current rate for DGD scholars.
- Insurance fees: Directly paid by ARES.
For Continuing Education Scholarship:
- International travel costs: Economy-class travel on an IATA-approved airline, one round-trip ticket.
- Living allowance: Lump sum for the duration of the course.
- Indirect mission costs: Lump sum for the duration of the course.
- Insurance fees: Directly paid by ARES.
The Belgium Government Scholarship Eligible Programs
Within the framework of the ARES 2022-2027 cooperation program, three types of training are offered through international training scholarships. Advanced bachelor’s and master’s degrees are inter-institutional training programs organized in one academic year and at the end of which an academic degree is awarded. Continuing education programs are more practical and of shorter duration (2 to 6 months). They deliver a certificate.
Belgium Government Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify for the Belgium Government Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be national, reside and work in one of the eligible countries. Please find the full list above;
- Hold a diploma comparable to a graduate-level degree (300 credits ECTS) from Belgian university studies for advanced masters and continuing education courses (equivalent to Bac+5); Hold a diploma comparable to an undergraduate level degree (180 credits ECTS) for advanced bachelors (equivalent to Bac+3). The candidate must have held the relevant academic degree for a maximum of 20 years at the time of the start of the course.
- Possess relevant professional experience in an ARES partner country of at least two years after graduate studies for advanced bachelors, after postgraduate studies for advanced masters and continuing education courses.
- Complete the application in the language in which the training is given and can attest a good written and spoken knowledge of it. Moreover, knowing a minimum of French allows for good integration into daily life in Belgium.
- Apply for only one training course.
To apply for this scholarship to study in Belgium, applicants must click on the apply button below to create an account on the GIRAF platform and follow instructions to submit their applications. If you created a validated account last year, you can reuse that account and if necessary, reset your password.
- Once logged into your GIRAF account, you can access the application form via the Competitive calls tab of your GIRAF profile. Please note that you must only click once on the “International training application 2022-2023” button. You will then find your form in the My tasks table of the Competitive calls.
- Now, You can complete your form several times, as long as you use the “Save and edit later” option. You will find your form each time in the My Tasks table of the Competitive calls tab in GIRAF.
- Finally, Click on “Submit my application”. Your application goes to ARES and you can no longer modify it. You can still consult it in the My submitted files table.
Additionally, to see more, follow this link.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Specifications of the Fully Funded 2022/23- Belgium
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships and Fellowships|
|Deadline||28 January, 2022|